Concert Report by Mitch Billeck |
MSG at Mulcahy's, Wantagh, NY & Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ
December 13 & 14, 2003
Added on 12/16/2003
Rather than write a long note, here are some quick notes on the NY (13th) and NJ (14th) shows:Back to "Concert Report Top"
- Yes, there was no Amy - but MS seemed in good spirits, played a full set, etc. No harm done. See set list below (same at both if I recall correctly)
- Michael seemed on, smiling, making lots of eye contact with the audience, singing background vocals, etc.
- I have 2 nice DAT's of the shows - looking to trade for stuff I don't have but particularly any west coast shows from earlier in the tour (with Amy - yeah, I'm curious how it sounded)
- Referencing an earlier post, Eddie Trunk couldn't have been pissed at MS for missing an interview - he introduced the band at the NJ show.
- While most people seem fixated on Michael, it can be hard to not watch the bass player. Between the scalp tattoos, whatever that is on his fingers, the spitting and the helicopter hair, he's his own sideshow.
- Not sure why the rhythm guitar/keyboard player showed up (is this the role Amy had?) as you could barely hear the keyboards and his background vocals at either show.
- Opening acts - Saturday had 1, a local Long Island band, not bad. Sunday had 3, yes 3, including one called Operatika (or something like that) which was heavy metal music with an Opera style female lead singer. Just when you think you've seen everything ...
- Set list:
Ready To Rock
Let It Roll
Because I Can
Rock n Roll Believer
Fatal Strike (dedicated to Saddam)
Into The Arena
Only You Can Rock Me
On And On
Too Hot To Handle
Armed And Ready
Back to "I Love Michael Schenker" page